Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Launch Party!

I finally did it! I had my first-ever Scentsy party!! I decided to do an open house at my in-laws place this past Saturday. It worked out perfectly because my husband just finished renovating their kitchen, so the guests got a 2 for 1 deal out of it. The guests that were invited were neighbours of my in-laws, so nobody that I knew very well at all.

I was very nervous  for what the open house would entail. I had never tried to introduce Scentsy to a bunch of people before, let alone hope that they would purchse something from me. In the end, I surpassed my personal goal for sales which I am VERY happy about. I know that this definitely would not have been possible without some of the wonderful and supportive people that I have in my life (you know who you are!)

Preparing for the open house did require some work, but that's probably because I like to be crazy organized. I will not say that I am a perfectionist, only very organized. This all paid off though because I felt ready to provide the necessary information to the guests and not be super scared of how I unprofessional I would look. On the contrary, I think that I pulled it off pretty well, if I do say so myself!

My mother-in-law and I had a baking day earlier in the week so that we could feed the guests some delicious bites of goodness. Here is a picture of some of the lovely foods we prepared:

(You also get a little glimpse at the renovated kitchen)


(Mini cupcakes I made with cute pearl sprinkles)

(My Scentsy table that I set-up. Don't mind my funny facial expression)

Some pointers that I would give for having your first Scentsy party would be:
- Be confident. People won't believe what you are telling them if you are unsure of what you are saying.
- Be clear. Don't confuse people by trying to tell them a million things at once.
- Smile. People like to be around happy people.
- Put your finger in the hot wax and show people how safe it is. Also, explain that it is a food grade wax.
- Don't be afraid to talk to people. Interact and try to find common interests with people so you can build a good relationship with them.
- Have fun! It is a party afterall and you are trying to share the joy of having Scentsy in your home!
- Don't rush people into making decisions. Give them their options and work with them on what would best suit them. People don't like to feel rushed or overwhelmed.

Unfortunately, I did not get any parties booked from my launch party but that's okay. I am just starting out and need to get my name out there first. It may seem discouraging but I can do it and so can anybody else that is just starting out. Everything will pay off soon enough.

Happy partying all!

No comments:

Post a Comment